Chocolate Afternoon Tea at Galvin at The Athenaeum in aid of Galvin’s Chance
During National Afternoon Tea Week (14-20th August 2017), guests enjoyed an exclusive Chocolate Afternoon Tea at The Athenaeum created by Nelson Barros Sa, Executive Pastry Chef of Galvin Restaurants with the support of Valrhona.
Chocolate Afternoon Tea Menu
The delicious Chocolate Afternoon Tea menu included finger sandwiches, sumptuous fruit and plain scones accompanied by a decadent Valrhona Dulcey blonde chocolate jam, and classic cakes such as a Victoria sponge and cherry bakewell. These were followed by a selection of handmade chocolate patisserie treats:
- A blood peach choux bun with Valrhona Opalys, a White Chocolate mousse
- Berriolete (berries with Violet) dome with Valrhona Guanaja lactee (Milk Chocolate)
- Millefeuile with Valrhona Morant Bay chocolate cremeux (a special reserve Dark Chocolate)
- Raspberry tart with Valrhona Orelys Ganache (a 35% Blonde Chocolate with muscovado sugar)
- Apricot macaroon with Valrhona Jivara (a 40% Milk Chocolate) and apricot ganache
In support of Galvin’s Chance
10% from each booking went directly to Galvin’s Chance, making a difference to young people like Ben. Ben was referred to Galvin’s Chance from the Jobcentre and was in a desperate situation, as he was about to become homeless and was being evicted from his hostel. Ben had not held down a job for any length of time and was identified as being ‘at risk’.
Ben interviewed for Galvin’s Chance, as he had an interest and passion for food and was looking for structure and direction.
Ben impressed employers at a site visit to The Lansdowne Club and was offered a two week trial, which led directly to employment. He now works full time at the Club as a commis waiter in the Dining Room.
Thank you to everyone who enjoyed the Chocolate Afternoon Tea and to Valrhona for supporting the tea and for helping us to change the lives of young people like Ben!