Chocolate Afternoon Tea at Galvin at The Athenaeum in aid of Galvin’s Chance
From Monday 14th August till Sunday 20th August, visitors to The Athenaeum will be able to enjoy Galvin’s Afternoon Tea created exclusively by Nelson Barros Sa, Executive Pastry Chef of Galvin Restaurants with the support of Valrhona.
Chocolate Afternoon Tea Menu
Guests will be served a selection of flavoursome finger sandwiches and sumptuous scones accompanied by a decadent Valrhona Dulcey blonde chocolate jam. These will be followed by:
- A blood peach choux bun with Valrhona Opalys, a White Chocolate mousse
- Berriolete (berries with Violet) dome with Valrhona Guanaja lactee (Milk Chocolate)
- Millefeuile with Valrhona Morant Bay chocolate cremeux (a special reserve Dark Chocolate)
- Raspberry tart with Valrhona Orelys Ganache (a 35% Blonde Chocolate with muscovado sugar)
- Apricot macaroon with Valrhona Jivara (a 40% Milk Chocolate) and apricot ganache
There will be a selection of teas available to accompany your sandwiches, scones and desserts.
This exclusive menu is available for £32.50. Click here to book your Chocolate Afternoon Tea.
In support of Galvin’s Chance
10% from each booking will go directly to Galvin’s Chance. Enjoying this delicious menu means you can make a difference to young people like Ben. Ben was referred to Galvin’s Chance from the Jobcentre and was in a desperate situation, as he was about to become homeless and was being evicted from his hostel. Ben had not held down a job for any length of time and was identified as being ‘at risk’.
Ben interviewed for Galvin’s Chance, as he had an interest and passion for food and was looking for structure and direction.
Ben impressed employers at a site visit to The Lansdowne Club and was offered a two week trial, which led directly to employment. He now works full time at the Club as a commis waiter in the Dining Room.
All money raised from the Chocolate Afternoon Tea will help change the lives of young people like Ben! To book your Afternoon Tea, please click here.